Monday, March 19, 2012

Romancing the Stove?


Yes! Romance begins in the Kitchen. It is simple. Only when your body is healthy you can begin to romance. I used to suffer from severe migraine headaches. Hospitalization was only a temporary relief for me.  Pain drove me to search for answers. I will never forget when I was introduced to this new way of eating. I felt elated. The first time in my life I enjoyed to eat and to cook the food.  Yes, these two simple acts of eating and cooking became my meditation, the basis for leading a healthy and happy life now.

From that time onwards, eating became both nourishing and pleasurable for me. I had discovered that cooking doesn't have to be boring.  It's not hard work.  It's easy and enjoyable.  It is the beginning of Self-Romance, a form of meditation, as well as a wonderful relief from stress.

Overjoyed with the knowledge and experience that I had gained, I decided to write “Romancing the Stove”. In May of 1997 "Romancing the Stove" book was published in Canada and sold worldwide.

I had learnt these authentic cooking secrets and the recipes directly from a great teacher Tulshi Sen, Author of "Ancient Secrets of Success for Today's World". I was just a scribe that had put this book together.

These secrets came from ancient times, when life was more joyful, and food was more natural.
I would love to present these recipes to you. Each dish is a part of the romance; and it is named appropriately for a specific mood or occasion. Get into the spirit of each name while you prepare the food.

Join me, follow my blog, and share your own recipes and experiences with others.